Thursday 24 May 2018

Pocket Page Pockets | PinkFresh Studio 'Let Your Heart Decide' | Agnus Kasprzak

Hi again :) I have been using more of the gorgeous 'Let Your Heart Decide' collection from PinkFresh Studio that I shared in my previous post to create some interactive pockets for my pocket pages.


I wanted to include a writing exercise my son completed in our album, but it was an odd size that would not fit into any of my standard sized page protectors so my solution was to create a pocket that would allow his work to be added into an insert. I started with a 6x8" base of my favourite grey cardstock, and attached one of the papers from the 6x6" paper pad - adding adhesive to only the left, right and bottom sides to allow me to slip my son's written work along with a merit card inside the pocket and like the interactive element it adds to our album. 


 I matted his photo onto more patterned paper and secured this to the front of the pocket. I finished things off with a title made up of the smaller font of navy puffy stickers combined with the larger multi coloured puffy alphas and a couple of the gorgeous epoxy hearts before slipping it inside a 6x8" pocket insert. I have used the reverse side of the pocket to hold some of his artwork. 


Pockets can also be used to add more personal photos and stories that you don't necessarily want to share with the world.  I used the same method to create a 4x6" pocket to hold some personal journaling and photos - this time adding an extra strip of contrasting patterned paper to top of the pocket and decorating the front with a couple of hearts and one of the gold foiled die-cut pieces


And don't forget about your memorabilia!! Lists, dockets or ticket stubs that help to tell your stories but often get left out of albums because they are not visually interesting, work very well in vellum pockets because the you can see at a glance what is inside but also have the option to remove the item and take a closer look at the details included. 


I varied the pocket making method slightly so that there would be no visible adhesive and simply cut the vellum larger than my card so that it can be folded and secured on the back of the card. Adding a sentiment and accent to the front of the pocket helped to turn a couple of rather boring looking tickets into a much more pleasing addition to our album. 

Products from the Sassy store...


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10