Thursday 16 November 2017

Unforgettable Mixed Media Layout by Farrel Tailor

Hello there Sassy Fans! Today I am sharing with you all a mixed media layout I created using some more fabulous products from 13 Arts. There is a process video at the end of the blog if you would like to see me in action.



Earlier this year I taught on a scrapbooking cruise and took this selfie of the girls working hard in one of my classes. As some of you know I have 3 boys which means I use a lot of blues in my scrapbooking. So I was super excited to be able to create a page that was just for the girls!!! 

So let me give you a quick run through on how I created this layout. I started by building my photo mount using 13 Arts Fly Away pp - Days and Nights. I used both sides of the pp and also used the A4 sticker sheet for the title and the small doilies.


To build my background I used gel medium to seal my paper and then applied 13arts Ayeeda Mist Pastel Green with a paint brush and water. Once dry I then used 13arts Ayeeda Mist Pastel Pink using the dabbing effect and splattered the page using both mists.



Then I stamped the background using Kaisercraft Diamond stamp and Ranger Emboss It Dabber (Versamark pad is fine to use also) and then heat embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing Powder Guten Tag Teal


Before adhering my photo cluster, I painted the edges of the cluster and the doilies with 13arts Ayeeda Mist Pastel Pink and mounted the cluster using some scrap chipboard pieces.

The butterflies I fussy cut from 13arts Fly Away pp - Days and Night and I only adhered the center of the butterflies so I could add dimension by bending the wings. Then to finish off the layout I used a Dymo Label machine to add the date.



Thanks for dropping and I can't wait to share with you all my next project 

Farrel xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10