Sunday 15 January 2017

Agnus | Project Life with watercolours

Hi there :) I'm excited to start a brand new year in my project life album and have lots of gorgeous new goodies to share! With so many lovely new items in the Sassy store I couldn't decide on just one collection to work with, so instead I have chosen a range of pieces from several manufacturers this month. 

I went with a mix of papers from American Crafts, Crate Paper and Pink Paislee and tied them all in together with the help of the fun new Color Reveal set of watercolour paints from the store. 

Using the colours from my paper selection as a guide, I created several custom cards using a few simple "wet on wet" watercolour technique. While I would normally use specialty watercolour paper when I play with paint, I wanted you to be able to recreate the same look with items from the store and so have used regular white cardstock for all of my cards. The "wet on wet'' technique is a good way to discover how watercolours behave and as the name suggests you will require a wet base for the colour to spread onto. After applying clean water to the entire card I wet the pans of colour I would be using and simply dabbed the colours directly onto my card and allowed the paint to spread onto the wet surface - building up the colour depth by adding more paint. The more water you add to your pans, the lighter the colour concentration will be but all watercolours will dry lighter so don't be afraid to use those colours!  



The cardstock will not take too much water before it stars to buckle but once dry pressing the card smooth with a dry iron or lamintaor with help to flatten out the card. 


I also used the paints directly onto some of the patterned papers to add depth to the background of my title card. 


I love papers that can be cut apart to create accents, and the heart print from the Pink Paislee Moonstruck range was perfect for this.


Using more of the same colours and patterns for the second part of the week - I have also used the bright yellow tabs from the Fresh Edition ephemera to help lead the eye across each page. 


More custom cards for this part of the week - I love the way my painted cards work with the colours and style of the products I have selected.  


Adding a few accents will help to add interest to photos with a lot of negative space. 


Products from the Sassy store...
Crate Paper Color Reveal Watercolor Set 
Hazelwood Chipboard Thickers 
Project Life Fresh Edition Ephemera 
Hazelwood 'Roses' Paper 
Hazelwood 'Sweet As Honey' Paper
Maggie Holmes Gather 'Moments' Paper
Pink Paislee Moonstruck 'No:6' Paper 
Core'dinations 12x12" White Cardstock Pack
Heidi Swapp MP Tabs
Project 52 Fresh Edition W/Gold Ephemera Die-Cut Shapes 40/Pkg
 
  
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10