Sunday 22 May 2016

Agnus | Project Life Shimelle Starhine

Hi again :) I have started documenting March and have another project life share using the gorgeous new Shimelle Starshine Collection from the store. 

I started the month by piecing together a custom title card using some of the papers from collection and was excited to try out the new Minc Reactive Mist to add some gold foiled splatters onto the card. 


I don't actually own a Minc Machine, but was able to achieve good results with my laminator and some gold Minc Foil. Rather than spraying the mist, I simply unscrewed the lid and used the spray tube to drip some splatters onto the cardstock and with a bit of trial and error I discovered that if you don't let the reactive mist fully dry before applying the foil, your droplets will spread in the direction that you run it through your machine. I used satin thread to add some hand stitched detail to the big number 3 for my March title and layered a mix of textured pieces to finish off the card.


I love adding embellishments to my pockets and really liked the variety of chipboard, stickers and die-cuts that are available int his collection. 


The large die-cuts from the ephemera pack were great for creating custom filler cards, and the pack also include a range of fun acetate pieces. 

The clear stickers were great for adding some detail over the patterned papers, which I used to create all of my cards. 


I repeated the colours and several elements from the first half of the week onto the second page to create a nice flow, and once again experimented with the Minc reactive mist to create another filler card. 
 

And I was very excited to discover that the Minc reactive mist also works on photos!! 
I used a small paintbrush to create a few smaller droplets on the pic.


More stickers and die-cuts helped me to create another filer card.


I finished off the final card by using the same pattern I used for the first card from the previous page and added cardstock layers and more hand stitching.


 Products from the Sassy Store... 
Shimelle's Starshine collection 
Heidi Swapp Minc Reactive Mist 
Heidi Swapp Minc Foil 
Heidi Swapp Project Life Clear Stamps 
  
     
  
 
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Those cards are adorable! Love how you added so much detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Adrienne :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

09 10