Monday 7 September 2015

Project Life Monday.. !!!

Hello Sassy Friends! Welcome to Project Life Monday. Today I am sharing my PL2015 | Week 26 using October Afternoon Summertime Collection & Crate Paper Wonder.



This week I thought I would create pocket pages with a mirrored technique. It is quite a simple technique but is also very effective when it comes to clean and simple design. If you like symmetry, then this style will appeal to you!




I am continuing my PL2015 using the Becky Higgins Project Life Design A pockets. I have been consistent throughout the year with this design as it helps me be organised throughout the weeks before I even start to add anything to my pockets. By using the Design A pockets, I already know how many horizontal photos/filler cards I might need to go alongside the vertical/portrait pockets that need to be filled.



If you look at the full spread for week 26, you will notice the filler card placement in the middle row (the 3x4 pockets), is allocated to the two outer pockets and the remaining four pockets have been supplied with portrait style 3x4 photos. The mirror technique with this row is very obvious but it also provides white space for the eye to rest as it travels across the page.





page1image11232
page 1..

page 2..

However, this isnt the only place I have used this method for 
Week 26. On each individual page I have also played with the diagonal lines.
On page one, the top pockets correspond with their diagonal bottom pocket by either containing a full photo, or a coordinating filler card.





Page two is much the same.





During this week, our family went on a road trip. There were many photos opportunities; therefore I condensed the snap shots taken, into two collage style images, to include as many as I could in my Project Life.

Printed out onto a 4x6 photo sheet, I placed them into pockets that were also diagonally opposite to each other. Not only does it help to tell the story in a sequential manner, but the white space mimics areas on page one.

Finally I applied the same principle to the last two diagonal pockets. They now house two photos from my Instagram feed. To keep a cohesive look, Ive layered each photo with embellishments from Crate Paper Wonder.




Thanks for visiting today. I hope these simple ideas help you keep on track with scrapping your favourite memories with Project Life..x
page4image6104
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Soooo nice ! and a new great way to create our PL ! thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love your tips and tricks. I would never have thought of this. Mine get slapped in. Probably still will, but at least I'll be aware of my slapping in!!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10