Monday 20 July 2015

Project Life | Week 20...

Hello Sassy Friends!  Welcome to another weekly instalment of Project Life 2015.  Today I am sharing Week 20, using plenty of gorgeous Simple Stories Summer Vibes!
 
 
I don't think I could have timed this collection any better - unless I was using it in Summer of course! But its versatility allows me to rank it high on my list of all time favourite collections.
 
During this week, our school activities have started to involve athletics.  Yep. Welcome to cross country.  This event had already been post-poned once due to very bad weather and my youngest had it in mind that he was going to win. After all... he had running shoes.  Surely that's all he needed to cross the finish line in first place! *LOL* But more on that story later..
 
 
This week I've chosen to add pops of yellow across my spread, teamed with sweet touches of minty green. The yellow from the patterned paper filler cards complements the boys hockey uniforms and a nice, bright certificate award from school!
 

 
The great news for me, when putting this spread together, was finding that the sn@p Summer Vibes cards also combined these two colours together!  
 

 
After placing these cards in their allocated pockets, keeping in mind that I need to create a visual triangle on both pages, the next step was to add colour appropriate embellishments.
 

 
And where there were too many other bright colours, I simply layered an altered die cut from the Summer Vibes Bits & Pieces.
 


 
On page two I had more sport to document.  That's what happens when you have three athletic boys in your household!
 

 
I really loved this 4x6 Sn@p card but covered the electric fan image with a 3x4 photo. Journaling was easily added to the white space below the wavy lines of colour.
 

 
Now getting back to that story about my boy and his dream of winning cross country. It was his first race. He did have running shoes. And he does have very long legs for a five year old.  Those legs didn't stop at all during the entire 800m! And he did come in first out of 60-odd kids in the race and broke the school record! I could hardly believe it when I saw him come racing around the corner in first position! LOL! He was certainly determined to achieve his goal.
 
I love his little story of his first cross country race, and I'm so glad that I didn't have to print these photos in black and white so they wouldn't clash with the beautiful Simple Stories papers.  The colour story worked well with my photos.
 


Keeping it simple with Simple Stories highlighting events during our week has been a breeze and in the coming weeks, I'll share with you how this collection doesn't have to be used exclusively for Summer projects.  Thanks for visiting with me today..x

 
Sassy Supplies:
 
Summer Vibes Selfie Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes Oh Hello Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes White Wood/Grid Paper 12x12 Summer Vibes Sn@p Cards  Summer Vibes Bits and Pieces Summer Vibes Expression Sticker Sheet
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10